Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Table Runner

A few weeks ago I ordered one of my favourite magazines from the US taking advantage of the good exchange rate at the time (which was short lived), Quilting Arts. It's a rare event indeed that I have a) begun something from a current magazine and b) finished it and c) been able to use it before Christmas! Recently I did a machine quilting class with Ms Chan (whose first name I cannot remember!) from Kuching and I finally managed to do something other than practice on calico. Each section of this table runner is quilted slightly differently, but it was a great piece to test out some different stitching.



Some of the fabrics are from the "Olivia the Pig" range, which I sourced here in Singapore. They are lovely and bright and a bit of a change from the usual Christmassy greens and reds.

1 comment:

The Patchwork Orange said...

You've been very busy - I love it.
The non traditional colors look great - see you tommorrow