Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Joseph’s Coat Quilt A Long – part 1

Finally something to show.  After ordering the Kaffe Fassett jelly roll online from the US, I just knew the boat would be slow, or the camel would stop for a long drink, but I didn’t quite expect the parcel to go via Sweden to Singapore.  The pigeon finally landed, but no jelly roll – it was on backorder.  This would have to be one of my pet annoyances with overseas/online ordering.  If I had known this I’d have cancelled the order and sourced it somewhere else.  Grrrrrr.

I don’t know whether it is the heat, humidity or the cr*p glue, but the whole process has been quite tedious.  The first lot of petals got ditched, but I’ve managed to finish 24.  I’m now unsure whether to be picky about the colour placement or just stitch them randomly.   Might have to make some more and have a play around.

After all my good intentions, I don’t expect to keep up, but it’s a start…sighJoseph' 001

Joseph' 002

Joseph' 003

Joseph' 004

3 comments:

Maria said...

I just love your petals and the colours are gorgeous so was worth the wait for the jelly roll.

Marlene said...

Love the fabrics you are using. I am so far behind but I will keep going at my pace as I like the results.
Look forward to your progress-enjoy the process.

OneLittleThread said...

Now I've got these petals done, I've been re-inspired to keep going